Wednesday 16 September 2009

I received my first "fan mail". Here is an edited letter from a 14 year old.


Dear Mr Hill,


I have recently finished reading your book... being a keen reader of fantasy I couldn't wait to get started.


I found the first few chapters to be slow, however, as I continued to read the reason for setting the scene became more apparent.


I thought it was a clever idea to make a giant with many heads which represented - SPOILER ALERT! - felt George's pain and misery as he was subjected to bullying and taunting.


After being kidnapped and enslaved, surrounded by depression and hopelessness I couldn't work out how George was going to escape and was delighted when -SPOILER ALERT!- Astrid's character was likeable and upbeat giving hope to George which added to the excitement.


The challenges George faced to rid himself of the giant and escape... was thrilling! Once I got into the story I couldn't put the book down and read it very quickly.


It was a fantastic read, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I look forward to reading the sequel. I would be grateful if you would sign my book.


Thank you, K

No comments:

Post a Comment